Autumn School on Optimization and Market Design
October 3 / 18:00 - October 7 / 21:00
The Research Training Group on Algorithmic Optimization proudly announces its sixth annual
Autumn School scheduled to take place from October 3 – 7, 2021.
Data intensive firms like Uber, AirBnB, Deliveroo and the European Electricity Markets play the role of market makers connecting buyers with sellers. They must, among other things, monitor quality, standardize offerings so as to operate at scale, determine prices and facilitate search. Optimization plays a fundamental role in the design of the rules of a marketplace. What distinguishes the optimization problems in this setting from classical resource allocation problems is the role of incentives. How should they be incorporated into optimization models?
This year’s Autumn School will take place in a digital setting (via ZOOM).
- Moshe Babaioff, Senior Principal Researcher, Microsoft Research Israel
- Martin Bichler, Department of Computer Science: Decision Sciences & Systems, Technical University of Munich
- Garrett van Ryzin, Distinguished Scientist, Amazon Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization
- Rakesh V. Vohra, Prof., Department of Economics & Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
This autumn school is scheduled to begin with a poster session on Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 18:00 local time (CEST). All other sessions are scheduled for 15:30 local time (CEST). It will be held in a digital format (live).
A detailed schedule of the sessions can be downloaded here.
There is no registration fee for this event. The registration deadline is August 30, 2021.
Please consider presenting your research in the poster session scheduled on Sunday, October 3, 2021. The poster should be related to the topic. We ask that you submit a one-paragraph abstract regarding your planned presentation. The deadline to submit an abstract of your planned presentation has been extended to September 15, 2021.
The poster format should be 16:9 (landscape format). You should submit two documents, both either in png or jpg:
- Main poster: Minimum width is 1000px (26.46cm), Minimum height is 600px (15.88cm). Maximum file size is 3MB, No transparent background.
- A preview poster: A copy of the main poster document that has been made smaller (Recommended width and height are half of the main document). Try to keep it below 1MB.
The poster with any further information needs to be sent to wahlen[at]uni-trier.de no later than Sep. 16, 2021 .
Please refer back to this page for additional information and updates.
Please complete this form to register: