ALOP Workshop on Nonlocal Models (canceled) – new date to be announced!
July 27 / 9:00 - July 30 / 17:00
IMPORTANT NOTICE DUE TO Covid-19 OUTBREAK
Due to the current travel restrictions, this workshop will be postponed. Please check back for further announcements as to the new dates.
The Research Training Group on Algorithmic Optimization is hosting a workshop on
which will take place at Trier University, Germany, from July 27-30, 2020.
Confirmed Plenary Speakers
Harbir Antil (George Mason University)
Marta D’Elia (Sandia National Laboratories)
Max Gunzburger (Florida State University)
Julio D. Rossi (Universidad de Buenos Aires)
Pablo Seleson (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers from various fields that intersect with nonlocal spacial modeling and thereby generate fruitful synergistic effects among the participants. The workshop will be focused on models which are nonlocal in space; including fractional equations as well as nonlocal models with a finite range of interactions. Aspects that shall be covered include:
- Optimization (optimal distributed control, interface and parameter identification, etc.)
- Analysis and Stochastics (numerical analysis, jump processes, etc.)
- Implementation (finite element and mesh-free methods, Monte-Carlo type methods, low-rank approaches, spectral methods, etc.)
- Applications (finance, peridynamics, economic models, etc.)
Young researchers are particularly encouraged to present their ongoing work and future research directions. If you are a student (Master or PhD), you can apply for a travel stipend in the registration form below.
Registration form submission (below)
Notification of acceptance of contributed talks
|May 31 (at latest)|
Payment of the fee (70EUR)*
* The registration fee of 70 EUR includes: coffee breaks and refreshments throughout the workshop, lunch in the Mensa, public transport within the district Trier city limits, a welcome reception, conference dinner and guided city tour.
We plan a welcome reception on Monday evening and a city tour followed by a conference dinner on Tuesday evening. The workshop will close on Thursday around noon. A more detailed schedule will be uploaded after the registration process.
The workshop will take place in Building E located on Campus I at Trier University.
Hotel Room Reservations
We have reserved a hotel room contingent at the Altstadt Hotel, Am Porta Nigra Platz, 54292 Trier. Please contact them directly to make your reservations referencing the <ALOP WORKSHOP 2020>. The contingent will be available for reservation until April 30, 2020, or until all available rooms have been booked.