- This event has passed.
ALOP Workshop on Nonlocal Models
12. July 2021 - 14. July 2021
This workshop will be held in a digital format (live). Registration is free.
The Research Training Group on Algorithmic Optimization is hosting a workshop on
which will take place as a live video conference via Zoom from July 12-14, 2021.
Harbir Antil (George Mason University)
Marta D’Elia (Sandia National Laboratories)
Max Gunzburger (Florida State University)
Moritz Kaßmann (Universität Bielefeld)
Julio D. Rossi (Universidad de Buenos Aires)
Pablo Seleson (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers from various fields that intersect with nonlocal spacial modeling and thereby generate fruitful synergistic effects among the participants. The workshop will be focused on models which are nonlocal in space; including fractional equations as well as nonlocal models with a finite range of interactions. Aspects that shall be covered include:
- Optimization (optimal distributed control, interface and parameter identification, etc.)
- Analysis and Stochastics (numerical analysis, jump processes, etc.)
- Implementation (finite element and mesh-free methods, Monte-Carlo type methods, low-rank approaches, spectral methods, etc.)
- Applications (finance, peridynamics, economic models, etc.)
More details on the virtual setting and a book of abstracts will soon be emailed to the participants.